Please read the following instructions and general warnings:
Neodymium magnets must be carefully handled to avoid personal injury and material damage due to its extremely magnetic strength and brittle power.
Neodymium magnets are very powerful and can accelerate a great speed toward each other and ferrous material. Two magnets can snap together with enough force to cause blood blisters, even break a finger or shatter on impact. We recommend to wear gloves and goggles when handling magnets.
Keep children away from any kind of magnet!
NdFeB magnets should be kept at a safe distance from individuals with pacemakers.
Sintered magnets are hard and brittle. You should always wear gloves and goggles.
Neodymium dust is an explosion hazard. Be aware of possible fire from the dust particles produced from grinding and cutting.
Neodymium magnets can be abrasively machined with water served to absorb heating and dust. Without coolant, NdFeB magnets could crack and chip by the heat during cutting and grinding, or even lose their magnetic properties.
Neodymium has a low-to-moderate acute toxic rating. Only magnets with an appropriate coating such as PTFE (Teflon-coated) may be used for manufacturing toys or be exposed to food.
If a magnet is stored close to heat, strong electric currents or radiation, it can lose its strength.
Material-dependent corrosion, additionally air gaps, temperature and environmental factors can cause a loss of efficiency and a dissolving process of the material.
NdFeB magnets are sensitive to temperature change and even lose magnet properties at high temperature. Please note, the mentioned data is given at room temperature.
Please consider safety advises, and even carry out a test.
Please note: Magnetic fields can cause damage to magnetic storage media. These include cassette tapes, floppy disk, credit cards, video tapes and computer gear. Neodymium magnets should be stored away from electrical appliances as damage may be irreparable.
We are not aware of any negative health effects from handling NdFeB magnets. We however recommend that pregnant women should not handle very strong rare-earth magnets as a precaution.
Magnets or any material used in their production such as nickel, zinc, copper or synthetic material may cause an allergic reaction.